Frequently Asked Questions
The Trip will take place on the Royal Caribbean cruise Harmony of the Seas® from March 17 – March 24, 2019.
Harmony of the Seas will sail in and out of Fort Lauderdale, Florida and will be visiting:
- Philipsburg, St. Maarten
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Labadee, Haiti
The International Leadership Advancement Trip includes the following for the Coach and their Co-Applicant/Guest:
- Travel credit of $800 per Coach Account
- Coaches who live west of the Mississippi River will also receive overnight hotel accommodations in Miami, FL for the night of March 16th (see the Pre-Planning Travel & Accommodations section for more information)
- Accommodations for two (2) aboard the Harmony of the Seas
- Community Events
- Educational Sessions
Yes! The special qualifying events are:
- Fully Integrated Business Leader (FIBL) Dinner
- Integrated National Directors & Above Lunch & Learn
- Fully Integrated Business Coach (FIBC) Party
The qualifying Coach and Co-Applicant are invited. If you do not have a Co-Applicant, you may bring one guest. Invitations for each special event were sent on February 1st. A link to RSVP for the IND & Above Lunch & Learn was included in your invitation. The deadline to RSVP is Wednesday, February 13th.
Pre-Planning Travel & Accommodations
OPTAVIA will send out reservation numbers via email on or around the dates provided below. Reservation numbers are unique to each stateroom allowing for the individual to book his or her own excursions, spa appointments, specialty restaurant dining, show reservations, beverage and internet packages, and more!
For the Trip, a valid passport is required. We highly recommend Coaches sail with their valid passport with 6 months validity past our cruise dates (September 24th, 2019).
If you need a passport, please apply for one as soon as possible. Routine processing can take 4-6 weeks. Expedited processing takes 2-3 weeks, though there are additional fees associated with this service. For more information on how to apply or renew, please visit the U.S. Department of State for Travel’s website.
The International Leadership Advancement Trip includes accommodations for 2, the Coach and the Co-applicant/Guest. Invitations were sent on January 11th with January 23rd as the deadline to RSVP. During the RSVP process, attendees interested in booking a third/fourth person were to indicate their interest on the question about adding to your stateroom. Reservation numbers will be sent a staggered schedule based on your qualified path, giving the option for those that indicated interest on their form to add a third/fourth person to your stateroom. OPTAVIA has reserved a select number of staterooms that allow for triple and quadruple occupancy. To add more guests to your stateroom (beyond what is included), you may call the phone number included in the email containing your Royal Caribbean confirmation number (reservation number) from OPTAVIA. Extra guests may not be added prior to receiving your reservation number.
For additional staterooms beyond what is included in the Trip, please contact Royal Caribbean Cruise Line directly at 800.398.9819 or visit the Royal Caribbean website. Booking additional staterooms outside of what the International Leadership Advancement Trip includes is at the individual’s expense and subject to the available inventory. Before booking, please refer to Royal Caribbean’s cancellation policy.
- Please note: Royal Caribbean requires at least one person booked in each stateroom to be 21 years or older.
Will OPTAVIA provide a pre-cruise hotel night stay the evening of Saturday, March 16th prior to embarkation?
If you are traveling from west of the Mississippi river (as stated in the Terms & Conditions), a one night stay at an official OPTAVIA hotel is included the evening of Saturday, March 16th. The link to book your room will be in the same email you received your Reservation Number during the first week of February. The deadline to reserve your room is Thursday, February 21st. A hotel night is not included as part of the Trip for all others, but in the email with your Reservation Number, a link was included as a guidance for hotels in the Miami area to consider. Note that transportation to the port is only provided from the official OPTAVIA hotels, whether or not your room is included as part of the Trip. See the “Will transportation be provided to the port” question in this section for more information. If you are coming into Fort Lauderdale on the day of departure (Sunday, March 17th), please allow yourself plenty of time to arrive in the event of possible flight delays.
I see that all hotels provided from OPTAVIA are located in Miami. Why are these hotels not in Fort Lauderdale?
Our OPTAVIA Community has grown so large that Fort Lauderdale couldn’t hold us! To keep us all together, our official OPTAVIA hotels are located in Miami. Enjoy what Miami has to offer like an extra day at the beach, downtown shopping and unique restaurants. This is a great place to have some team time before the Trip too!
Yes! To get your International Leadership Advancement Trip started, OPTAVIA will be providing complimentary bus transportation to Port Everglades (where you and/or your guests will board Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas®) the morning of Sunday, March 17, 2019. Our OPTAVIA Shuttles will be available at both the Miami and Fort Lauderdale airports that morning, as well as from the following hotels:
- Element Miami Airport
- Hilton Miami Blue Lagoon
- Marriott Miami Airport Campus (includes Miami Airport Marriott, Courtyard Miami Airport, and Residence Inn Miami Airport)
- Marriott Miami Biscayne Bay
- Sheraton Miami Airport
OPTAVIA Shuttles are for all Coaches, Co-Applicants, Guests, family and friends staying at these hotels and will run between 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM. Those traveling from the Fort Lauderdale and Miami airports have shuttles running between 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM the morning of Sunday, March 17, 2019. Shuttle staff with “OPTAVIA” signs will meet you in baggage claim. If you require ADA assistance on the bus to the port, please email OPTAVIA@hello-dmc.com by March 13th.
At the end of the Trip, ground transportation will not be provided by OPTAVIA; however, there are several options available to help get you where you need to go!
- If you are heading to Fort Lauderdale or Miami airports, Royal Caribbean provides an airport shuttle for a fee. Reservations for the shuttle may only be booked once onboard. Stop by Guest Services on Deck 5 MID on the ship for more information.
- Other options include taxis or ridesharing services, such as Uber or Lyft.
Special Requests & Policies
What assistance does Royal Caribbean provide guests with disabilities getting on and off the ship? Will they provide me with a wheelchair on the ship?
Royal Caribbean has personnel with wheelchairs who provide assistance with pushing wheelchairs on and off the ship using gangways and boarding bridges; however, Royal Caribbean is unable to provide wheelchairs onboard. We recommend that guests needing wheelchairs to bring their own or rent from the Fort Lauderdale location of the company, Scootaround. For more information, please visit the Scootaround website.
For other assistance needs from Royal Caribbean, please contact the Royal Access Team at 866.592.7225.
If your Welcome Package never arrived in the mail, not to worry! Your name badge, lanyard, and program can be picked up from the Hospitality Room (Jewel Conference Room, Deck 3 FWD) on Sunday, March 17 between 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
Planning your experience on Harmony of the Seas is easy! Simply log in with your Royal Caribbean account using your reservation number to make selections through Cruise Planner. We highly recommend doing this prior to the cruise.
- Due to a special OPTAVIA event while we are in port in San Juan, Puerto Rico, we ask that you do not book an excursion this day
- If are booking through CruisePlanner in your Royal Caribbean account, payment is due in full with a credit card at the time of booking
A large group is considered 16 or more guests. If you have a group of this size, please follow these steps:
- Email Royal Caribbean’s Group Shore Excursion Specialist, Celia Martinez at email@example.com and copy Robbyanne Foo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the subject line of your email, include the Group ID 7451018 as well as your Reservation Number
- To finalize the reservation, payment will only be accepted by you as the group leader, not all individual participants
- You must pick up the tickets from the Shorex Desk for distribute to your individual participants
Outside of what OPTAVIA is including in the International Leadership Advancement Trip, how may I select a beverage package, make specialty restaurant reservations outside of the Main Dining Room, or purchase an internet package?
The International Leadership Advancement Trip includes your food at the Main Dining room each day, but it does not include a beverage or internet package. Package selections, specialty restaurant reservations, and spa appointments may be done through Cruise Planner. Log in with your Royal Caribbean account using your reservation number to make selections. We highly recommend doing this prior to the cruise. After booking excursions, reservations, and appointments, they will show up on Your Calendar at a Glance, making staying organized easy!
- Refer to the Agenda before any bookings to see when training sessions will take place.
- If are booking through CruisePlanner in your Royal Caribbean account, payment is due in full with a credit card at the time of booking.
I made a reservation at the one of the specialty restaurants onboard. What if I need to cancel my reservation?
You are allowed to cancel reservations made at specialty restaurants, however please be aware of Royal Caribbean’s cancellation policy:
- Cancellations made 30 days to 15 days prior to sail date will have a cancellation fee of 25% of the total cost of the cancelled reservation
- Cancellations made 14 days prior to sail date or onboard will have a cancellation fee of $10 per person
- No-shows will not receive a refund
Yes! This is a great way to see what is going on throughout each day on the ship and at the ports. We highly recommend downloading the app prior to the cruise. Simply search “Royal Caribbean” in your Apple or Google Play Store to download.
Online Check-In opens 90 days before your cruise and must be completed no later than 3 days prior to sailing. You will need your reservation number to complete Online Check-In. It is highly recommended that you complete Online Check-In as this will save you from having to fill out forms at the port.
During the Online Check-in Process, you have the option to select a time to arrive and board the ship. If you are planning to use a complimentary shuttle from one of our official OPTAVIA hotels, please choose a time between 11:00 AM‑1:30 PM, if spots are still available.
Once you have completed the Online Check-In process, you will receive a SetSail Pass. It indicates that you successfully completed the check-in process for you and those guests listed on your SetSail Pass.
In order to complete Online Check-In successfully, you will need the following:
- Personal Information for each guest you are checking-in online
- Identification Document information for each guest you are checking-in online
- Crown & Anchor Society Membership Number (if you are a member)
- Onward Travel Plans (including selecting a time to arrive and board the cruise)
- Onboard Expense Account Information (i.e. credit card, guest, and the reservation information that is authorized to charge against the account)
When you check-in at the cruise port, your luggage will be taken by curbside crew once you arrive. To ensure your bag is delivered to your stateroom, you must print out your SetSail pass after doing the Online Check-In and follow the instructions to put the luggage part of the pass on your suitcase/bags. You may print out more than one tag. Be sure to write your name on this pass as well!
- Welcome Party: White Attire
- Farewell Party: Resort Casual
- OPTAVIA Beach Party: Beachwear
- FIBL Dinner: Cocktail Attire
- FIBC Party: Resort Casual
- IND & Above Lunch & Learn: Resort Casual
- General Sessions: Resort Casual
- Dinner: Casual or Formal (Note: There will be up to three formal nights during the Trip)
For a complete packing list, please click here.
Yes! Once you arrive at the port, your luggage will be taken by curbside crew to bring onboard. You are allowed to bring a carry-on bag with you. We
Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages (aside from two bottles of wine that we recommend go in your carry-on), illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. For a full list, please visit the Royal Caribbean website.
On the Cruise
Royal Caribbean requires guests to be checked in no later than 60 minutes prior to the scheduled sailing time. Guests arriving late will not be permitted to sail. It is highly recommended that you complete Online Check-In no later than 3 days prior to the cruise in order to expedite the pier check-in process. At that time, you may select the time you would like to board.
Guests are invited to attend the following events with their Coach:
- Welcome Party
- OPTAVIA Beach Party (Each Coach & Co-Applicant account will receive 2 complimentary excursion tickets. Additional tickets will be available for purchase beginning February 11 for family and friends.
- Farewell Party (Must be age 18⁺)
- Healthy Habits for All™ Walks
- School by the Pool
- All Qualifying Events (FIBL Dinner, FIBC Party, IND & Above Lunch & Learn): The qualifying Coach and Co-Applicant are invited. If you do not have a Co-Applicant, you may bring one guest.
All Coaches, Co-Applicants, and guests over the age of 18 will receive a name badge.
If you and/or your guest(s) received an incorrect badge, you can pick up a corrected one in the Hospitality Room (Jewel Conference Room, Deck 3 FWD) on Sunday, March 17 between 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM.
School by the Pool is an opportunity to learn from top Field Leaders poolside! To accommodate our OPTAVIA Community, we are offering School by the Pool from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM on two different days: Wednesday, March 20 and Friday, March 22. We ask that you plan to attend only one of the two sessions.
During Check-In at the port, you will need to provide a credit card (not a debit card) to cover anything above what is provided in the Trip. You also have the option to open a cash account with a deposit; however, Please note that all purchases onboard are made via a cashless system charged to your SeaPass Card. A final invoice will be sent to your room the last night. You may also visit the Guest Services desk at any point to review your expenses or sign in to your Royal Caribbean account on the mobile app.
There are two types of gratuities on a cruise:
- Included with the International Leadership Advancement Trip (for two): OPTAVIA will pay the automatic service gratuity ($14.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Junior Suites and below, or $17.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Grand Suites and above) applied to each guest’s SeaPass account on a daily basis. As a way to reward Royal Caribbean’s crew members for their outstanding service, gratuities are shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes to enhance the cruise experience.
- Not included: Incidentals and associated gratuities are not included as part of the trip. An 18% gratuity is automatically added to all beverages, mini bar items, and spa & salon purchases.
Fuelings will not be provided. If you will be on Plan during the Trip, we strongly encourage you to pack your own Fuelings.
Instructions will be provided in your room with exact timing, but you will need to place your luggage outside your stateroom door to be picked up the night before (March 23). We highly recommend you do not pack items you will need to disembark the following morning (March 24) and place those items in your carry-on. Once you leave the boat, your luggage will be in the port for you to pick up and then you may proceed to customs.
There are two exciting scavenger hunts taking place the week of the trip!
- OPTAVIA Scavenger Hunt: On Sunday, March 17th, come to the Welcome White Out Party to participate in the OPTAVIA Scavenger Hunt. It’s a great opportunity to meet and connect with fellow achievers! Complete and turn in your card at the end of the party for a chance to win a $100 stateroom credit! Terms and conditions apply.
- OPTAVIA Treasure Hunt: Participate in the week long Treasure Hunt by using the hashtag #OPTAVIA19! Five winners will be chosen daily and will receive a $100 stateroom credit! Terms and conditions apply.
OPTAVIA Beach Party
The OPTAVIA Beach Party will be on Day 5 while we’re in port in San Juan, Puerto Rico (Thursday, March 21). We ask that you please refrain from scheduling any excursions on this day. We don’t want you to miss out on the Beach Party!
Each Coach account will receive two complimentary tickets to the OPTAVIA Beach Party. Additional ticket purchases were available until February 28, 2019. Ticket purchasing is now closed. Tickets are non-refundable.
If your child is outside of the two complimentary tickets provided to each Coach account, you will need to purchase a ticket for them. Additional ticket purchases were available until February 28, 2019. Ticket purchasing is now closed. Tickets are non-refundable.
Please note that infants under 6 months old at the time of our departure will not be permitted to sail per Royal Caribbean’s policy.
Tickets to the OPTAVIA Beach Party will be delivered to your Stateroom the evening before the party (Wednesday, March 20). A long with your tickets, you will receive a color-coded wristband indicating your departure time.
Round-trip bus transportation to the OPTAVIA Beach Party from the San Juan Port will be provided. You will receive a designated departure time in your Stateroom the night before with instructions on where to check-in.
Yes, a lunch buffet will be served. A cash bar will also be available. Lunch buffet includes green salad, quinoa salad, pasta primavera, grilled chicken, Mahi-Mahi skewers, grilled vegetables, and fruit salad.
The dress code for the OPTAVIA Beach Party is casual beach wear. Be sure to bring your swimsuit, sunglasses, and sunscreen! Towels will be available at check-in prior to departing the ship.